To play games, it is important to have a steam account. However, when signing in to their Steam account, a lot of users have complained that the Steam captcha is not working thus restricting them from playing games.
If you have been going through this frustrating issue, then keep on reading this post. In this post, we have added a few solutions to help you get rid of this issue. So, let’s get started.
- Delete Site Data from Browser
First of all, remove the cookies and cache data from your browser before re-attempting the captcha verification. For Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Open the browser and click on the Settings icon
- Click on More Tools, and then go to Clear Browsing Data.
- Switch Your Browser
If cleaning the cache data doesn’t help then consider switching to another browser from Chrome. The majority of steam users use Chrome. It might be possible that the source of the problem is the browser.
- Use Command Prompt
You can also try fixing the Steam Captcha Error by using the Command Prompt. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Command Prompt window as an administrator.
- Type the following command line into the command prompt window and press Enter to have it executed.
netsh Winsock reset
The latter command will cause Winsock to be reset.
- Turn off the proxy
Using the following steps, you may deactivate the proxy server on your computer:
- Open the Run command box by pressing the Windows and ‘R’ keys together, and then type “ms-settings:network-proxy” into the blank area that appears. This will bring up the Proxy settings.
- Toggle off the ‘Use a proxy server option in the Manual Proxy setup section of the configuration page.
- Open Steam and check to see whether the problem has been addressed.
- Register for Steam Account via Steam Server
Another option you may try is creating a Steam account on their server rather than via their website on your computer. Steam’s server URL is steampowered.com/join (instead of steampowered.com).
Fill in the essential information, such as your email address and country of residence, and you’re good to go. Signing up via the server eliminates the need to complete a captcha verification, allowing you to avoid it altogether.
- How to Fix Roblox Error Code 267
- How to Fix Fortnite Audio Issues on Xbox
- How to Fix low FPS issues in Warzone Pacific Season 1
- How to Fix Warzone Pacific Dev Error 6039
- How To Fix Black Ops Cold War Xbox Series X Crash Issue
- Fix: Call of Duty Warzone: Controller disconnecting
- How to Fix Warzone Content Package Not Available PS4 Error
- How to Fix Error Code Terracotta in Minecraft