In a nutshell, arrange two sticks in the second column of the crafting grid to make a pickaxe. Then, in a row, install three wooden planks above the sticks.
In Minecraft, a pickaxe is one of the most basic tools you’ll ever construct. Because you need a pickaxe to collect the resources in the first place, they are required for upgrading to newer and better types of tools and armor.
The basic pickaxe is the starting point for anything from slow wooden tools to practically impenetrable Netherite. I’m going to show you how to make every pickaxe in the game today.
To make a pickaxe in Minecraft, you’ll need the following items.
- Useful information (Wood planks, cobblestone, iron ingots, gold ingots, diamond, and netherite)
- Table for crafting
- Table for smithing (for netherite upgrades)
In Minecraft, you’ll need to start with wood to construct your first pickaxe. You’ll need the greatest material your current pickaxe can mine to progress along the chain.
You can mine up to stone with a pickaxe; stone pickaxes can mine up to iron; iron can mine up to diamond; and diamond can mine up to ancient trash, which is required to manufacture netherite.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Make a Pickaxe in Minecraft?
The following is a step-by-step graphical guide on how to make a pickaxe in Minecraft:
Each pickaxe’s recipe is the same as the last, with the exception that the material at the top is replaced with the next. To begin, gather some wood logs with your bare hands. Place the logs in your crafting menu to turn them into wooden planks.
- Make a crafts table next. Placing four wooden planks in your crafting menu is a good idea.
- Set up your crafting table and start making some sticks. In the crafting menu, arrange your planks into a two-column stack.
- After you’ve built your sticks, you can use the remaining wood planks to make a pickaxe.
- Place two sticks in the second column as illustrated to make a pickaxe. Then, in a row, install three wooden planks above the sticks.
With this pickaxe, you’ll be able to mine almost anything in Minecraft. This wooden pickaxe may be used to harvest stone. A stone pickaxe can be made from stone.
Look for a visible stone near a mountain or dig below the earth layer to find a stone. It will drop cobblestone if you mine it with your pickaxe. At least three pieces are required.
- Use cobblestone instead of wood in the same arrangement as before.
- You now have the ability to mine iron ore. Iron is prevalent in cave systems and is distinguished by brown flecks. Wait for your iron ore to smelt in a furnace.
- Nothing has changed in the process of making an iron pickaxe. Make an iron pickaxe by arranging your iron ingots in the same pattern as the previous two pickaxes.
Let’s talk about gold for a bit before moving on to diamonds. Only the same blocks are mined by gold and stone.
It mines faster than iron, but it doesn’t last as long. Gold ore may be found below “Y” level 31, and its yellow specks make it easy to spot.
To manufacture gold ingots, smelt your ore in a furnace similar to that used to make iron. A golden pickaxe can be made from gold ingots.
It is noticeable due to its distinctive symbol, yet it is largely ineffective because iron lasts nearly four times as long. Because golden pickaxes can’t mine diamonds, this one is best avoided.
The next step is to locate diamonds. Because diamond is one of the rarest commodities in the game, this procedure can take several hours, if not days. Diamonds will appear beneath “Y” layer 16, and I’ve had the best luck discovering them near lava.
Smelting diamonds isn’t necessary. To get them, simply use an iron pickaxe to mine them. Before committing to breaking the diamond, dig around them to make sure there is no lava they could fall into.
To construct the game’s second-best pickaxe, combine your diamonds with some sticks on a crafting table.
Except for bedrock, diamond pickaxes can mine everything in the game. To mine Ancient Debris, you’ll also need a diamond pickaxe.
- Best Sword Enchantments In Minecraft
- How To Change Tick Speed In Minecraft
- How To Make Backpack In Minecraft
- How to Make a Night Vision Potion in Minecraft
- How to Make Smooth Stone in Minecraft
- How to Make a Water Elevator in Minecraft
- How to Get a Nether Star in Minecraft
- How To Get Out Of A Boat in Minecraft
- How To Make An Item Frame In Minecraft
- How To Tame A Skeleton Horse In Minecraft
- How To Make Minecraft Glass Panes